There are a few questions that are received multiple times, so please look here, or click this link to look through messages we have received and answered. :)
- Are you professionally taught/trained/educated in hair?
No, I’m not. Answers are either from personal experience, a friend who is a hair professional, or after a bit of google research.
- How long have you been coloring hair?
I’ve been coloring for over 7 years and bleaching for 4.
- What colors has your hair been?
Black, brown, blond, ginger, blue, pink, red, purple.
- What are some hair dye brands you would recommend?
I use ‘N Rage, Beyond the Zone, Splat and sometimes Manic Panic for my unnatural colors. For natural colors, I usually go with whatever I can find cheapest at Walgreens, Target or the grocery store. For bleach, I often use Beyond the Zone, or if there is a combo package (like Splat) then I’ll use that.
- Why don’t you post a lot of guys?
It’s been difficult finding pictures of guys with good alternative hair, but we always accept submissions if you find a guy with great hair!
- Why don’t you post more Asian/African-American/Middle Eastern/etc people?
It’s not always easy finding pictures of certain ethnicities with unusual hair. Caucasian girls are the easiest to find, unfortunately. Don’t forget you can submit a photo if you find one!
- Who is in ______ picture?
I have no idea who most of these people are. I use google, and a lot of the photos come from blogs and websites not in English. If I know who they are, I will put their name in the tags or put a click-through link.
- Why didn’t you tag/link this person/my photo?
Like I said above, I use google. If you know the person in a photo, or you are the person in a photo, please give me the post/(number) and the proper url to add into the click-through. If it’s a photo of you and you want it taken down, not just edited with a link, give me the post/(number) and I’ll remove it as soon as I can. I want to give credit to people, so please help me out if you know who they are.
- Why haven’t you posted my submission?
Occasionally submissions get lost (just like some asks do). More often, it just doesn’t fit what I’m looking for (plain colored hair with no ‘alternative’ style to it), or you’ve submitted ten photos of the same look, just in different poses.
- What’s your personal blog?
Click here to find out!
- seshyen reblogged this from fuckyeahalternativehair
- dollfacedtroubles likes this
- dreamingviolet likes this
- mandragora- likes this
- fuckyeahalternativehair posted this
01.22.11 @ 17:54 | Permalink